1. LOCATION ~ We are located in the prestigious Stone Oak neighborhood, a master planned community where everything you need and want is right around the corner. Transportation is offered to doctors, airport, shopping, events, dining, and errand days!
2. FAMILY ~ We are family owned and operated. The owners, management and staff know you by name and they, along with the residents, genuinely care about you becoming a part of our extended family!
3. TOP NOTCH ~ We are known as San Antonio’s Premier Retirement Resort Community because of our dedicated service to our residents, convenient location, variety in activities and services and for satisfying taste buds with our great food!
4. TENURE ~ The long tenure of our residents and employees speaks for itself. There are great relationships developed and loyalty amongst all within our walls, which makes people “stick around” year after year. It is a given that if the employees are happy, they will provide greater service, which ensures the residents will be very satisfied and never want to leave!
5. COUNTRY CLUB ~ As a resident, you will have privileges to The Club at Sonterra where you can enjoy golf, tennis, dining and social activities. It may sound like a rough life… but someone’s got to do it!
6. CHOICES ~ You have the freedom to do as much or as little as you choose. With over 40 activities available weekly, choosing what you want to do can be difficult, but the fun comes easy. Suggestions are taken from residents, which keep our selections appropriate, varied and enjoyable… fulfilling the needs of the mind, body and spirit!
7. FINE DINING ~ We hire chefs with years of experience in fine dining, and we are known for our tasty variety of menu selections, with real flavor. Also included are numerous low sodium, low sugar and low fat choices. Misbehaving in this area, however, is also a choice!
8. BEST CITY ~ San Antonio is ranked 2nd in the “Top 10 Military Cities to Retire,” for its climate, low taxes, low unemployment rate, military bases, friendliness and recreation. Our community is located near military bases and military hospitals which is very attractive to many!
9. PEACE OF MIND ~ We offer different levels of service to ensure your needs are met. If assistance with daily living becomes a need, the transition to our Assisted Living community is smooth. You will have peace of mind knowing you are staying within our family!
10. SERVICE ~ We listen to our residents’ wants and needs and we bend over backwards to provide the best possible service… smiles included!
Let’s just say it… Independence Hill is the best!
We set the standard that many have patterned. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!